Writing Comprehension Exam
- for Students attempting to exit Writing Sequence
- partnership between the Testing Center, Developmental Writing and ESOL faculty.
- ICE is the Intermediate Competency Exam. It is a 2-hour, 300-600 word essay.
This assessment is an exit exam for developmental writing.
When can I take this test? How long will it take?
Where do I take it? What do I need to bring? What should I expect on the test day?
- These writing exams are administered for 4 days within a semester:
- Fall - Monday and Tuesday in mid-November
- Fall - Monday and Tuesday during the first week in December
- Spring - Monday and Tuesday in mid-April
- Spring - Monday and Tuesday during the last week in April or the first week in May
- must bring a Blue Book when signing up for an appointment
- ECC Testing Center is reserved to administer the exams.
- Pre-scheduled sessions of 40 students per session.
- Paper-pencil test
- You will sign in and collect your Blue Book
- Must bring a valid picture ID
- No electronic devices are allowed - they are taken at the door
- You will sign out and indicate time of departure
The emphasis on this exam is to aid you in acquiring vital writing skills.