All DCCCD colleges will be closed on Thursday, November 27 through Sunday, November 30. Colleges will reopen on Monday, December 1.
An assessment of computer literacy
Students will be charged a credit-by-exam fee and will also need to purchase a password in the College Bookstore to gain access to the computerized test.
COSC 1301 credit-by-exam - What is it? When can I take it?
- A computer literacy exam prepared, executed and graded by El Centro College
- Some students take the course and the credit is applied towards a computer science major or minor.
- Some students elect to “test out” by taking COSC 1301 credit-by-exam.
- Students must be enrolled in one of the colleges of the DCCCD to receive credit-by-exam.
- Students may not receive credit-by-exam in courses for which they are currently enrolled.
- Students who pass the exam will be granted "CR" for credit rather than a letter grade.
- Exam may be taken once and it will be evaluated on a pass/fail basis.
- 2-part test which must be passed with a minimum of 70% on each part
- computerized skills assessment for lab component topics (2 hours)
- computerized objective assessment for lecture component topics (1 hour)
- Friday only appointments
- Administered on one computer test station in A-060
- Phone appointments are acceptable.
- Proper signatures on the application are required prior to test administration.