On Thursday, August 25, all campus offices will open at 2 p.m. due to staff development activities. We apologize for any inconvenience.
On Friday, August 26, offices will be closed so all DCCCD employees may participate in the district's annual Conference Day.
Approved Subject Exams of the College Level Examination Program Credit by Exam
CLEP Exams are given on computer only. Examinees must have a CLEP Exam Form
completed. Forms are available at the ECC Testing Center. Exams are administered by appointment only.
The El Centro Assessment Center is a "closed center": only El Centro students will be allowed to schedule appointments.
Who can take the CLEP Assessments?
How do I start? How do I register? How much does it cost?
- Students who already meet the requirements of a course by experience or training
- Students who are not currently in the actual course of the examination
- Students who are currently enrolled at the college that receives the credit-by-examination
How many exams can I take? When will I receive scores? What grade can I earn?
- Go to the Testing Center to receive a CLEP Application packet
- Follow the instructions on the application to obtain the necessary signatures
- Create an account at https://clepportal.collegeboard.org/myaccount
- Register for a CLEP exam and pay the exam fee(s) through MyAccount- $80 per exam (July 1, 2012) $10 fee for optional essays. Print your Registration ticket and bring with you.
- Pay $25 proctor fee to El Centro (at Cashier’s Window)
- Present completed applications and payment receipts including the Ticket ID from MyAccount to the ECC Testing Center
- Schedule a date through the ECC Testing Center to take the examination
- El Centro Testing Center does not administer CLEP exams in January, May or August (due to student registration and testing)
- You may earn as many credits through examination as your ability permits and needs require.
- At least 25% of the credit hours required for graduation must be taken through instruction.
- Credit by examination may be attempted only one time in the DCCCD for any given course.
- It takes one month for your official scores to be available; for computerized exams an unofficial score is immediate.
- Computerized CLEP exams will award a "CR" for those passing; the option for a letter grade is currently not available.
- Scores of "CR" are recorded to the transcript, but not factored into your GPA.
CLEP General Exams are not approved.