What is it?
The Student ID Badge is the official college identification and is considered property of El Centro College.
Why do I need it?
Students are required to wear their ID badges in a visible location AT ALL TIMES when on the ECC campus. They allow students to obtain access to different on-site services such as computer labs, the testing center, gymnasium, library, etc.
Where/when can I obtain one?
To receive an El Centro College Student ID badge you must be enrolled in either credit or non-credit classes. (On-line El Centro College students are able to obtain Student ID Badges as well.)
Student ID Badges are made in the Office of Student Life, Room B270
Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday – CLOSED
What will I need to bring with me?
What if I lose my badge?
- You will need to bring with you a copy of your current *paid registration summary receipt, which can be obtained for free from the Cashier’s Window (Room A244) or from accessing your eConnect page.
- Your *paid registration summary receipt must be for the current semester and must show that some form of payment has been made towards your classes.
- You will also need another form or state issued ID. (high school ID, state ID, driver’s license, passport, etc.)
Will I always have to pay a $10.00 fee?
- There is a $10.00 replacement fee for lost badges. Which can be paid at the Cashier’s Window (Room A244)
- Bring your replacement fee receipt and your current *paid registration summary receipt to the Office of Student Life, B270 to get your Student ID replaced.
If your Student ID Badge is damaged or is no longer able to be read/seen clearly or if your badge is older than two years you may be able to get your Student ID Badge replaced at no cost. Please bring it by the office along with your current *paid registration summary receipt
to see if you are eligible for this.
Additional important Student ID Badge information: Your Student ID MUST BE updated each semester by obtaining a semester sticker available only in the Office of Student Life. You will need to bring with you a copy of your current *paid registration summary receipt.
If your Student ID Badge is stolen please contact Campus Police at (214) 860-2134, Room A047. If you have additional questions, please stop by the Office of Student Life, B270, or give us a call (214) 860-2137. Anyone who uses their Student ID Badge to give false information is subject to discipline and appropriate criminal prosecution.