On Thursday, August 25, all campus offices will open at 2 p.m. due to staff development activities. We apologize for any inconvenience.
On Friday, August 26, offices will be closed so all DCCCD employees may participate in the district's annual Conference Day.
Changing to a Health Career
Many of our health occupations students are mature and changing the direction of their lives. They are taking advantage of the opportunity to enter into the career of their dreams.
Our health occupations counselors and program coordinators would be glad to answer your questions.
Here are some questions you should be able to answer about all your career choices. Many of these questions may be answered by reading all the information on our programs' webpages.
- What are the specific training and educational requirements? What kind of training - classroom or clinical? How much education? Where are the clinical affiliates located where I would take classes?
- How much will it cost? Is there financial aid available?
- What other qualifications are needed? Does the career demand a certain training, skill, or aptitude I do or do not have?
- What are the main elements of the career? Would I like them? Are they the sort of things I could do over a long period of time?
- Where is the work done? Is the occupation only in a hospital? Office? What about the hours? Can I work only part-time?
- What kind of salary can I earn? Will this amount of money satisfy me?
- Where can I find such a job? Only in a big city? In a small town? Is the job located where I want to live?
- What is the employment outlook for the job? Will there be openings after I complete my education?
- Will the career permit me to live the lifestyle I want? How much freedom will I have? Will I be expected to take emergency call? Would I have to work nights or weekends?
- What are the pressures? Is this a high-stress job? Will the job be in keeping with my personal values?
- Does this career mean I would be forced to work for a big hospital? If so, would I be able to cope with it?
- Would I be successful? Would the career push me to meet my potential? Would I be bored with the job in a few years?