Start planning for your next semester! The Spring 2017 class schedule is now available
. (It’s also worth noting that Wintermester
is included as part of the Spring schedule. So if you’re trying to earn some extra credits over the holidays, you’re in the right place.)
Not sure if you’re ready to start classes bright and early with us on January 17? Be sure to also check out some of the Flex Term options
available for next semester. The start and end dates for Flex Term classes vary, so we’ll be here whenever you’re ready.
Spring 2017 Registration Dates
It’s official: Fall 2016 is nearly over! Aside from the holidays, you’re probably also thinking about your next steps as a student and, for most of you, that’s Spring 2017. Here are some dates to keep in mind as you plan for the future:
- Priority registration for returning students starts Tuesday, Nov. 22.
- Regular registration for all students starts Monday, Nov. 28.
- The last day to register for students who do not have an academic standing of “good” is Sunday, Jan. 8.
- The last day to register for regular semester classes is Wednesday, Jan. 11. (You can only register for Flex Term classes after this date.)
- The last day to withdraw for a “W” is Wednesday, April 12.
You can also check out the DCCCD 2016-17 academic calendar
if you’re looking for a date that’s not listed here.
2016-17 Financial Aid Dates & Info
The first day of the Spring 2017 semester at DCCCD is Wednesday, Jan. 20
. For financial aid and other purposes, you might also want to be aware of these dates:
- Tuition payments begin approximately 10 calendar days before your first class. So if your class begins Jan. 17, your tuition payment should post sometime between Jan. 7-17. (Note: There is a 30-day delay for first-time borrowers.)
- The last day to arrange for a payment plan is Friday, Jan. 20.
- The financial aid lock date, or 12th class day, is Monday, Jan. 30.
- The 60 percent date for Spring 2017 is Thursday, March 30.
You can also check the financial aid disbursement schedule
for more dates.
How to Register
- Register online at eConnect (if you are eligible (https://econnect.dcccd.edu/getstarted/eligibility.jsp
) — eConnect login required) or
- Register on campus
Note that dates and times for on-campus registration may vary by college; visit your college’s website for the most current information.
If you are new to the colleges of DCCCD, we strongly recommend that you register in person (link is external) at the college you plan to attend so you can get information about course prerequisites, the degrees we offer, the Texas Success Initiative (TSI), tuition and other important topics.
Important Notes About Registration
Can’t register online
? Learn about the most common reasons
All colleges and locations of DCCCD will be closed for the holiday break starting at 5 pm on December 23. We will reopen on Tuesday, January 3. Online registration will still be available for eligible students.
Students with an eConnect login can plan their schedules on eConnect with Plan My Schedule, and all students can browse credit classes or search for credit classes using eConnect.
Stop Before You Drop
: Under Texas law, students who enroll in a Texas public institution of higher education (including the colleges of DCCCD) for the first time in fall 2007 or later may not drop more than six courses (link is external) during their entire undergraduate career.
Have questions? Contact El Centro's Admissions/Registrar’s Office
. We’ll be glad to help you get ready for your next learning experience.