Strategic Enrollment Management is the Planning and Managing of present and future enrollment efforts. Strategic Enrollment Management includes the involvement of every division and unit of the institution. Our plan will be integrated into the overall Strategic Plan of El Centro College.
Changing Lives Through Higher Education
SEM Vision Statement
El Centro College seeks to develop and communicate an innovative, comprehensive and transformational college-wide enrollment management approach that responds to academic, career and personal needs of our community through student-focused programs and services.
El Centro College is prepared to meet the changing academic demands, employment needs, and the increasing diversity of learners in the coming years? Our approach is NOT a reactionary approach to the ups and downs of the higher education market, INSTEAD we have a long-term plan to anticipate changes.
What is strategic enrollment planning?
Strategic enrollment planning is more than a long-term recruitment or retention plan. It is a data-informed process that aligns an institution's fiscal, academic, co-curricular, and enrollment resources with its changing environment to accomplish the institution's mission and ensure the institution's long-term enrollment success and fiscal health.
How does strategic enrollment planning benefit El Centro College?
Strategic enrollment planning benefits our campus in many ways:
- Fosters long-term enrollment and fiscal health
- Provides realistic, quantifiable goals for student recruitment, student success, and the market position of your campus
- Delivers clearly defined, cost-effective results by using a return-on-investment and action-item approach
- Aligns your institution's mission and its current state with the changing market environment
Strategic enrollment planning culminates with a finely tuned, data-informed, five-year strategic enrollment plan that addresses pressing challenges such as:
El Centro College SEM plan aligns campus mission, vision, and values with shifting market needs and expectations?
- Adapting recruitment and retention strategies to rapid market changes
- Responding to changing demographics and supporting diversity
- Aligning academic and co-curricular trends with institutional capacity
- Increasing campus operating efficiency to cope with rising fiscal pressures
- Preparing graduates for changing demands of the modern economy and workforce
- Responding to increasing calls for accountability
- Managing student and campus revenue needs as costs outpace federal and state support for higher education
- Maximizing net tuition strategies
Our Strategic plan is our effort to be better prepared to face adversity, maintain success, and achieve our desired state. We are careful NOT TO PERFORM on wishful thinking or futile exercises that fail to achieve lasting, significant results.
Our plan aids our transformation from our current state to what we endeavor to become, while examining key components such as:
- Creating a multiyear, data-informed plan;
- Assessing an institution's current state;
- Analyzing key metrics such as market demand, market need, student recruitment, student persistence and completion, and academic and co-curricular offerings;
- Establishing key metrics to guide planning and assess progress;
- Creating buy-in among campus stakeholders; and
- Making planning a living process that evolves with the institution.